After choosing the right carpet, proper installation is necessary to achieve the perfect look and feel for your room. Even if you are experienced with home improvements, we recommend hiring a professional installation contractor to help ensure you are fully satisfied with the results. Proper installation will increase longevity and is crucial to the overall performance of your carpet.
- ℹInquire about additional fees when contacting the installation team, such as the cost of moving larger furniture or the removal of old flooring.
- ⚒Confirm which services will be provided by the installers and which you may need to take care of yourself.
- Clean and organize the room prior to the arrival of the contractors.
- ☕Consider removing any breakable items and ensuring the floor and room are sufficiently clean and tidy. Move as much furniture as possible into a room that is not having a rug installed.
- ✒Minimal dirt and dust at the time of installation will lead to better results.
- ⚡Unplug and store the wiring from any electronic devices.
- ✓To achieve optimal results, the subfloor must be structurally sound and clean.
- 💥Be sure there are ample readily accessible electrical outlets in the room and surrounding area.
- 🔆During installation, open doors and windows to provide for proper ventilation. Continuing ventilating with fresh air for at least 48 hours.
- You may notice some shedding following installation, but this is normal and usually subsides within a short time. If a tuft appears to be abnormally long, simply clip it off — never pull it out.
- 📞Any other questions before, during, or after the installation process can be directed to Carpets Online or your installation contractor.